NEED A GREAT COVER ARTIST?

NEED A GREAT COVER ARTIST?
NEED A GREAT COVER ARTIST?

Sunday, January 1, 2012

My 2012 Goals, A Comment Award, and Other Things

Oh man! It’s 2012 already. Where did 2011 go? It feels like we just finished watching Obama’s Inauguration speech. And since, either America is spinning out of control in a hand basket to hell or we’re being prepared to be shot from a cannon to the stars. My wish is to shoot for the stars. It sounds better than being spiraled into a place of fire and brimstone.

So I will go onward with my goals and ambitions no matter who the new YAHOO is in the White House. I say, hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

My main goals this year is to complete the edits on Secondhand Shoes. I finished rewriting the last twelve chapters last week. The MS is in the hands of the beta readers and will be undergoing some more changes. Not many, though. After, it will go to my editor. During that time, I’ll be interviewing book cover artists. I’ve got three in mind.

When the book cover has been decided upon it will go to formatting, and I’ll be drafting the second book to the series. Yes. I said series.

While writing the last chapter, Lila, Gram, and another character decided to carry on Lila’s adventures. How many books will there be in this series? Don’t ask me, I’m a PANSTER who plans little. I go with what my characters want to do.

Contessa and Arthur are still waiting for me to get to their edits of their first book. It’s in it’s second draft hanging out on a 4GB disk. And there’s also my angel, Ariel. He and his demon adversary, Phil, are waiting to be resurrected, too.

Lot’s of things are going on in my life. Did I tell you guys I won an award? And there isn’t any silly rules with this one. But I’m going to pass it on to the four peeps who visit me every time I post something. Their comments range from humorous to sweet. But before I do that, I wish to thank Lorelei Bell.

greatcommenteraward

She’s the author of Vampire Ascending and Vampire’s Trill. It was very sweet of her to award this to me. You all should check her out at the following blog sites: Lorelei's Muse, Lorelei's Writing Journal, and Something Nebulous Within. You should also get her books. I absolutely love her voice and plots.

Okay, to the four peeps I wish to pass this award to:

William Kendall  @ Speak of the Devil (He loves snow. He’s got infectious wit and writes a lot of political satire)

Norma Beshir  @  Sam's Story (This is my favorite blog she does. Writing from her little bird’s perspective. It’s great.)

Eve Gaal @ The Desert Rocks (She writes adorably sweet stuff. It’s definitely a reflection of who she is.)

Beth Muscat @  All Kidding Aside (She hates snow but loves kitties and Wal Martians. If you want to begin your day with a bit of laughter. Check her out.)

I also wish to invite you to check out our little group(Norma, William, Eve, and Beth are a part), Writers of Mass Distraction. We are a group of writers dedicated to helping new and Indie authors getting exposure. You can also find us on Facebook.

Well, that’s all for now folks!

I’ll be back Tuesday to tell you about what’s on my Kindle and give you all two mini book reviews I’ve been meaning to post to my blog for awhile.

As for Sir Poops and Hair Ball, they’ve got a a food hangover. They enjoyed Sonny’s BBQ a little too much last night along with tastes from No-No’s New Year’s Eve cupcakes.

I’ll see you all later in the ink,

Shelly

20 comments:

  1. Yeay! Shelly, you are working hard on your books, and it shows. I've been hanging out with murder mysteries all weekend long and I've been a bit reclusive. Sorry for that.

    Here is hope that the new year will be good to all of us... evne S.P.A.L & H.B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a panster too.

    It sounds like you've got a lot going on. I wish you all the best with it.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Shelly! You are one of my favorite bloggers--especially when you turn it over to Sir Poops-a-Lot and Hair Ball.

    I would wish you luck with the book, but you don't need luck. You have talent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the award, Shelly.
    It seems like the fur people overdid it... and now they're paying the price! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for visiting. I love everyone of you. Really. Some I get to visit almost everyday. Some of you others, I visit on the weekends. Life is busy. That's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you on the award. Perhaps if I spent less time moaning and more actually writing, I might win one someday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Roger: You really crack me up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shelly thanks for the award. You were one of my first followers and for that I am eternally grateful. Besides, I enjoy reading your creative posts and of course SPAL and Hairball always make me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shelly you are a hard worker and dedicated so you'll do fine. And don't worry about the White House. I'm going to rule the world anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck with your books! I'm working on series as well and while I wait to hear back from publishers I have started on book 2.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations, Shelly....and Thank You!!! for the award. I agree with Norma....you have a lot of talent, and I've loved the book so far that I've read...I can't wait to read the rest. Oh, and of course, I love Contessa and Arthur...they are my favourites!

    Happy New Year to you...!

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Eve: You're welcome. I'm always glad to return the smile.

    @Mike: As long as you rule the world we should all be fine.

    @Rena: Good Luck with yours as well. Thank you.

    @Beth: Thank you and your welcome. Let me know when you want two more chapters. Don't want to overwhelm you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good luck this year Shelly. I can't wait to see Lila out in the open.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks, Shelly! And Happy New Year!

    It might take the doggies a bit of time to come out of the post-New Year's stupor....

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on your award (and to the new recipients) and good luck on your goals. I'm sure you'll make them!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm looking forward to the finished product sometime in 2012. Keep on shooting for the stars!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on your award. :-)

    I hope you manage to finish your WIP on time.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats on your award! Good luck with your new year goals :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful goals for the year! Happy 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  20. @Miranda: She's coming out.

    @Sir Wills: You're welcome.

    @Lydia: Thank you.

    @Tracy: Me, too. Thanks for stopping by.

    @Misha: It's getting there. I can finally breahe some.

    @Siv: Thank you.

    @Allison: Smiles to you.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think.